To register for any of our upcoming events please go to our registration page
- Regional Collaboration to Embrace, Engage, and Sustain Tribal Community Policing Partnerships
- Date: July 23-24, 2019
- Host Agency: New Mexico DPS Training & Recruiting Division
- Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507
- Tribal Crime Data Collection Activities, 2015
- Describes Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) activities to collect and improve data on crime and justice in Indian country, as required by the Tribal Law and Order Act, 2010. The report summarizes BJS’s efforts in 2015 to field a survey on the capabilities and caseloads of tribal court systems; develop a survey of all state and local law enforcement agencies and prosecutors’ offices serving Indian country; study the handling of American Indian and Alaska Native juvenile and adult criminal cases in the federal justice system; and enhance current funding programs to support tribal participation in regional and national criminal justice databases. It summarizes tribal eligibility for Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant awards from 2008 to 2015, and presents Uniform Crime Reporting Program statistics on offenses reported by tribal law enforcement agencies from 2008 to 2013.